School Guide to the use of Images Online
Using Images Safely and Responsibly
We all enjoy and treasure images of our family and friends; family events, holidays and school events are moments we all like to capture in photos or on video.
We now have the exciting dimension of adding our images and videos to our online social network, such as Facebook, YouTube and many other websites. This means that we can easily share our photos and video with family and friends.
Whilst this can be very useful to all of us at home, in schools and educational settings we must ensure we protect and safeguard all children and staff, including those who do not want to have their images stored online.
Online Images and Video
What should we all think about before adding any images or video online and are there any risks?
- Once posted and shared online any image or video can be copied and will stay online forever.
- Some children are at risk and MUST NOT have their image put online. Not all members of the school community will know who they are.
- Some people do not want their images online for personal or religious reasons.
- Some children and staff may have a complex family background which means that sharing their image online can have unforeseen consequences.
- Therefore in order to keep all members of the school community safe we must all ‘Think Before We Post’ Online
At Davington School we are happy for parents and carers to take photos and video of school events for personal use but request that these images are not distributed or put online. This is to protect all members of the school community.
We thank you for your support.
Mr C Saint, Headteacher
Further Information on the Use of Images and video: