Davington Primary School is an inclusive school. We welcome all children, acknowledging the contribution each child makes to the wellbeing of our school community.
Davington Well-Being Team
Davington has a full time Well-Being Team with a Family Liaison Officer and two further Well-Being Mentors. The Team is line managed by our Assistant Headteacher (Inclusion). The purpose of the Well-Being Team is to support children in being ready to learn. This support is given in a variety of ways, including:
· Lunch time nurture provision in the Courtyard
· Young Carers Group
· Social Communication Groups
· Self-esteem/Emotional support
· Bereavement support
· Transition to secondary school support
· Sensory Circuits and Sensory Needs support
· Storycises (gross motor skills)
· Fizzy (gross motor skills)
· Speech and Language support, working closely with the Speech and Language Therapy service
· Signposting families to other agencies who can offer help
· Working with Early Help
· Meeting parents and offering bespoke support and ideas
Members of our Well-Being Team, along with our Senior Leadership Team, are on the school gates in the morning and at the end of the school day. They are happy to help; do say hello and ask if you have a question or query.
Our Family Liaison Officer/Well-Being Mentor is Mrs Jo Cleary. You are welcome to speak to her on the gate or ask to make an appointment via the school office.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
SEN and Disabilities are led by our Assistant Headteacher (Inclusion), Mrs Janet Davison. Children with SEN are supported in a variety of ways according to a child’s needs. Approximately 15% of our pupils are supported through ‘SEN Support’ and ‘Education, Health and Care Plans’. The school works closely with outside agencies to ensure children’s barriers to learning are understood well and supported effectively. Outside agencies include: Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology Service, LIFT, Specialist Teaching and Learning Service, Children’s Assessment Centre (Paediatricians, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists) and CAMHS.
Our SENCo/Inclusion Leader is Mrs Janet Davison. You are welcome to speak to her on the gate or ask to make an appointment via the school office.